Shining Brains is committed to respecting the intellectual property rights of others and takes allegations of copyright infringement seriously. This Takedown Policy outlines the procedures followed by Shining Brains to address such allegations and requests for the removal of content from our website.
1. Reporting Infringement
If you believe that your copyrighted work has been reproduced on Shining Brains without authorization, please send us a notice (email) of infringement at firstname.lastname@example.org, including the following information:
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed.
- Identification of the allegedly infringing material, including its location on Shining Brains.
- Sufficient contact information, including your name, address, telephone number, and email address.
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that the use of the material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification is accurate and that you are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
While Shining Brains is dedicated to upholding the integrity of intellectual property rights and making every effort to ensure that all materials published on its platform do not infringe upon the rights of any third party, it is important to acknowledge that the risk of inadvertent infringement cannot be entirely eliminated as we use different premium services to create worksheets and material. In accordance with the terms outlined in this policy, any third party identifying material that belongs to them and has been utilized by Shining Brains without the necessary consent is encouraged to initiate contact with the company.
2. Prompt Review and Response
Upon receipt of a complete and valid infringement notice, Shining Brains will:
- Promptly acknowledge receipt of the notice.
- Conduct a thorough review of the content in question to determine its validity.
- Take appropriate action, which may include removing or disabling access to the allegedly infringing material as soon as possible.
3. Dispute Resolution Mechanism
Shining Brains is committed to the swift and impartial resolution of complaints. While specific outcomes cannot be guaranteed, we aim for the following favourable possibilities:
- In the absence of infringement, the (alleged) Infringing Material will remain unaltered.
- Replacement of the Infringing Material may occur without modification and without the imposition of licensing fees.
- Negotiated paid licenses may be considered for the replacement of the Infringing Material without modification.
- Modification of the Infringing Material may be undertaken to eliminate elements causing infringement.
- In certain cases, the Infringing Material may be removed and will not be republished.
4. Indefinite Removal in Unresolved Cases
If a complaint persists without resolution, the Infringing Material will remain removed indefinitely or until an appropriate resolution is achieved.
5. Changes to the Takedown Policy
Shining Brains may update this Takedown Policy from time to time. Any changes will be effective immediately upon posting on the website.
Date of Last Update: 10/18/2022